IMPORTANT: The following journal is intended for the use and viewing of approved persons only and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this work is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas. Unless the word ‘absquatulation’ has been used in its correct context somewhere other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or grammatical use and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the creation of this journal and a minimum of Microsoft software was used. Those of you with an overwhelming fear of the unknown will be gratified to learn that there is no hidden message revealed by reading this warning backwards.
Year View| Summary| Highlights| November 2007 (Month View)
01.11.2007 – Thursday 1 November – Tripods & South Bank
- • I worked, and bought a tripod.
- • Maz, Stella and I wandered around South Bank, taking photos. We’d planned to take photos of the cool water feature there, but it’s been turned off due to the “water crisis”, what a joke.
02.11.2007 – Friday 2 November – Ballet in the Park
- • Work, as usual.
- • Bronwen lost her phone, but fortunately, Telstra were sponsoring Ballet in the Park at Riverstage, and let her use their NEXTG phones, so Raymond and I managed to meet up with her. I was asked to leave because I had a professional looking camera and a tripod, but managed to stay by requesting that in writing.
03.11.2007 – Saturday 3 November – Work, Pizza & Misguided Youth
- • Relaxing with Bronwen. Headed to Indooroopilly to get some bolts for Stella’s bed and breakfast, and found millions of misguided youth queuing to have copies of Summer Heights High signed. Continuing the theme of having problems because my camera is bigger than everyone else’s camera phone, a security guard asked if I was a member of the press, and then demanded I show ID, which I refused to do.
- • Working at EB.
- • Off home, then off to Windmill’s with Stella for pizza.
- Comment by hg – Sunday 11 November 2007, 1:40 AM
- First for some reason adsense has decided that autism ads are relevant for this web page. I wonder why?
Secondly a meta comment that is less relevant then the above - good work on the photo popup. Like it. Can I use that here?
04.11.2007 – Sunday 4 November – Tunnels & Burst Pipes
- • A water pipe under the house burst.
- • Bronwen, Sarah and I went to the new Brisbane North-South Bypass Tunnel open day; saw a 400 tonne, $55 million tunnel boring machine, and an animal petting zoo.
05.11.2007 – Monday 5 November – Resignation
- • Working 9 to 5 for a rare change.
- • I resigned.
- • Helped Stella move some things into her room, had a kebab, and watched “Across the Universe” at Indooroopilly.
06.11.2007 – Tuesday 6 November – Working
- • Working.
07.11.2007 – Wednesday 7 November – Rain
- • It rained. Maz and I walked to South Bank to take some photos of the city.
08.11.2007 – Thursday 8 November – Pides
09.11.2007 – Friday 9 November – Day Off
- • Had the day off. Drove to Indooroopilly with Maz. Bought Nandini and Stella fans. Bought a keyboard. Tried to set up XP on my old computer but it is being annoying.
- • Drove to Bronwen’s, had dinner with her, and came back here to have dessert and sleep.
10.11.2007 – Saturday 10 November – Dularcha National Park
- • Slept in a bit, then drove to Dularcha National Park rail tunnel, then on to Ewen Maddock Dam, and the Glasshouse mountains, with Bronwen, Maz, and myself.
- • Eated Curry. Much good.
11.11.2007 – Sunday 11 November – Rain, Leeches & Coomera Circuit
- • Drove down south to walk and photograph the Coomera Circuit with Maz and Bronwen, but it rained, there were thousands of leeches, and it was too wet for photos. Abandoned attempt a couple of hours in.
12.11.2007 – Monday 12 November – Working
13.11.2007 – Tuesday 13 November – Working
- • Working.
- • Picked up Stella from college, along with her remaining things.
14.11.2007 – Wednesday 14 November – Pancakes, Work & Veggie Baguettes
- • Bought a wireless USB thing from Umart for Stella, and a USB Ethernet adaptor for Lucienne.
- • Drove to Indooroopilly with Maz and Stella, had a veggie baguette for lunch, did some shopping, and am now preparing for work.
- • Worked.
- • Went to Pancakes with Stella, Raymond.
15.11.2007 – Thursday 15 November – Working Alone
- • Working alone.
16.11.2007 – Friday 16 November – More Work
- • Work.
- Comment by Lloyd Fulton – Thursday 28 February 2008, 8:32 PM
- Hey Ned been reading through you journal and I am impressed with the pic's think they are really good. Especially the the Landscape/Panaramic ones. Can you tell what Camera and Lens combination you use.
- Comment by Ned – Friday 29 February 2008, 3:00 PM
- Thanks for the compliment. Camera has varied, but mostly a Canon 400D. Lenses vary. Usually a Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 17-50 f/2.8IS or Sigma 70-200 f/2.8DG.
17.11.2007 – Saturday 17 November – All My Friends are Leaving Brisbane
- • Bronwen’s hair blew in the breeze.
- • Saw “All My Friends are Leaving Brisbane” at Indooroopilly with Bronwen and Stella.
- • Bronwen and I had curry from Halim’s, the leftovers of which Stella then ate.
18.11.2007 – Sunday 18 November – Stella moves in
- • I slept in. Stella officially moved in today.
- • Drove to Garden City with Bronwen and Stella.
- • Had nachos from the Calypso bar.
- • Had planned to go to Gold Class at Indooroopilly and see “Elizabeth—The Golden Age”, but this did not work out due to Stella losing her phone while out, and suddenly having to buy tickets for Dad to Perth.
19.11.2007 – Monday 19 November – Curry
- • Slept in.
- • Had lunch at the Ville, along with two milkshakes.
- • Went to Indooroopilly with Maz and Stella.
- • Had curry for dinner with Stella.
20.11.2007 – Tuesday 20 November – Birthday Pizza
21.11.2007 – Wednesday 21 November – TPG Internet
- • Woke up to no internet. Put in the TPG details, and they work. Seems they churned me sometime around 6 AM this morning.
22.11.2007 – Thursday 22 November – Fast Bus
- • Insane bus driver. Fastest I’ve driven through the city, weaving in and out of traffic... and it was in a bus... with a female driver.
- • Custard tart and whipped cream for lunch.
23.11.2007 – Friday 23 November – Compassionate Leave
- • Took day off for “compassionate leave”.
24.11.2007 – Saturday 24 November – Sarah
- • Drove to Bronwen’s for voting. Stella supported the Greens.
- • Drove to the airport with Bronwen, met Sarah and Vince on their way to Thailand, walked to the international terminal from the Kingsford Smith Memorial with Sarah. Waved goodbye to them.
- Later Night
- • Pancakes with Bronwen, Stella.
25.11.2007 – Sunday 25 November – “Gabriel”
- • Work at Valley.
- • Drive home. Woolworths then Hungry Jack’s with Bronwen, Stella.
- • Watch “Gabriel” with Bronwen, Stella, at South Bank.
- • Drive Bronwen home.
26.11.2007 – Monday 26 November – Working
- • Working.
27.11.2007 – Tuesday 27 November – Working
- • Working.
28.11.2007 – Wednesday 28 November – Working
- • My last day of work. Everyone is nicely impressed by my last-day-of-work email, which I stayed up late-ish last night making. Leaving is tinged with sadness, but I’m really too busy to notice—worked nine to five, went home, slept.
29.11.2007 – Thursday 29 November – Shopping
- • My first day having quit work.
- • Picked Bronwen up from her place, went shopping at Garden City. Wasn’t really able to buy much as hadn’t really thought it through.
- • Went to Jaycar with Bronwen and bought a cigarette lighter powered FM transmitter and USB stick reader. Dropped Bronwen off at something she was going to in the city. The FM transmitter blew up. Rushed back to Jaycar with Stella and got a new one.
30.11.2007 – Friday 30 November – Packing
- • I got up semi-early, planning to go to Umart, but by the time I was ready, had tested my motherboard, etc., it was half past ten.
- • Rushed to Umart. Returned motherboard. Brought CPU back. Will check with them later this evening to see if they have had a chance to test. Sorted out what clothes I am taking and did some washing.
- • Rushed to Toowong to pick up mail. Unfortunately nothing had arrived from my eBay camera stuff order.
- • Rushed to Bronwen’s, and Garden City, to buy shoes, an inflatable mattress, and an inflatable mattress pump. Went via Jaycar to return FM transmitter number two due to static problems, and bought a car cigarette lighter to USB adaptor and a different car cigarette lighter charged FM transmitter. This one seems to work well. Tried Bronwen’s Dad’s car phone charger which did not work. Bought one that does work from Tandy.
- • Rushed back to Umart. They had not tested my motherboard. Told them they must. Rushed home for fifteen minutes. Rushed back. They tested it. It failed as per how it does here. They’re going to return it under warranty.
- • Had some left over curry for lunch.
- • Stella going to work. Picking up Bronwen from her place. Packing things into my pack. Having dinner. Maybe pancakes or something similar later.